Our Sustainability Story
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok, we regard ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS as one of our TOP priorities and initiate projects to help the world and ACHIEVE our sustainability goals.
We embrace our responsibility for environmental, social and economic stewardship and are committed to integrating these practices, as well as sustainability principles, into our core business strategy.
The Athenee Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok affirms its commitment
To more responsible business by embracing the PLEDGE on Food Waste Certification.
Following consideration of the importance of environmental sustainability and concerned with its "Food Print", The Athenee Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok is committed to creating a food waste conscious environment within its food operations.
Thus, the current All Day Dinning, The Allium restaurant and the Canteen will both partake in the PLEDGE on Food Waste certification.
Following the onsite implementation of the Food Waste Prevention Initiative,
The Athenee Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok has acknowledged its food waste generating issues within its own operations. These are:
1. Awareness regarding food waste amongst employees
2. Awareness regarding food waste amongst guest, generating high plate waste
3. All day dining restaurant generating high food waste for buffet clearings
4. A large amount of spoilage waste at the Canteen preparation and buffet
5. Room fruit amenities generating high food waste after returns from rooms
We commit to designing an action plan and implementing change to address the above issues.
The Athenee Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok genuinely commits to preventing food waste by complying with the following points:
1. The Cut on Food Waste Policy is drafted, signed by top executives, distributed to stakeholders, and is displayed on site
2. A permanent Food Waste Monitoring System is installed
3. Basic KPIs are used to track the impact of the program
4. Best practices are implemented at critical food waste generating points
5. The Food Lovers' Committee holds regular meetings to establish new approaches aimed to reduce food waste
6. Employees undergo regular training regarding how to creatively cut food waste
7. Internal and external communication is used to keep momentum high
8. Staff awareness raising campaigns are run regularly
9. Options for redistribution and/or transformation of food leftovers are adopted
10. Raising awareness in terms of educating our associates about the issue of food waste overall